Categories: Air ForceNews

Aircrew hoping congressional subpoena will move travel voucher along

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Members of the 249th Airlift Squadron are excited about an investigation into their official travel at President Donald Trump’s hotel in Scotland. While the outcome could be negative, it will at least require finance to actually close them out in DTS.

The inquiry started when the House Oversight Committee noticed that Air Force aircrews were not bragging about their Marriott points as much as usual. They then discovered that some crews had been staying at a Trump resort and began asking questions.

“We welcome this kind of investigation,” said Col. Melissa Summers, commander of the 249th Airlift Wing. “It’s important, and as soon as DTS is back up I’m going to provide any data they need.”

Members of congress are trying to determine if staying at a resort owned by the president could violate ethical standards. Critics argue that using taxpayer money to enrich the president could be a conflict of interest.

“I think its a good question that the American people should know the answer to,” agreed Staff Sgt. Ryan Staple, a C-17 loadmaster. “Just make sure when you call finance between 2:30 and 3:05 or they are going to be in a meeting or gone for the day.”

Most aircrew members are understanding about the complexity of the situation, even though no regulations were broken and the cost of the hotel was competitive with other options. They are hopeful that legislators will come to a swift conclusion about the matter and provide future guidance, preferably before their travel card payments are due.

Share
Published by
Wob Weego @@RoboytoWeego

Recent Posts

Retiring NCO craps on unit’s morale one last time

FORT BENNING, Ga. — Just one month from his final change of responsibility, Sgt. Maj. Christopher Roth realized that he…

10 hours ago

Gunny wishes toddler would stop misbehooving

WASHINGTON — The two-year old dependent of a local Marine just won’t stop misbehooving, sources at the Washington Marine Barracks…

1 day ago

USCG cutter quarantined offshore until crew gets COVID-19 tests, not STD tests

WASHINGTON — Vice President Mike Pence said late Monday that the Coast Guard Cutter Munro off the coast of San…

2 days ago

SECNAV: The best way to halt COVID-19 is a 355 ship navy

WASHINGTON — Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas B. Modly cited the importance of a 355-ship navy in the fight…

3 days ago

Space Force ‘Ark’ nothing to be concerned about, commander tweets from orbit

WASHINGTON — A recent tweet from the commander of a program dubbed “The Ark” has increased national concerns over the…

4 days ago

ISIS cancels all suicide attacks amid coronavirus scare

THE CALIPHATE — Amid growing fears of the coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic, the Islamic State has announced it is canceling…

5 days ago